$38M Class Action Settlement
Canadians to get money back for purchase of flexible polyurethane foam and eligible polyurethane foam products as part of $38M class action settlement
Who is eligible for compensation?
You are automatically a Class Member and can complete a claim form if you:
- Live in Canada now or you lived in Canada between January 1, 1999 and January 10, 2012; and
- Bought, in Canada, flexible polyurethane foam, eligible foam products or carpet underlay made in Canada for personal, commercial, or manufacturing use during the same time period.
Which products qualify?
Flexible polyurethane foam refers to a type of foam used in furniture, mattresses, carpet underlay, and in many other contexts.
A claim can be made for the purchase of flexible polyurethane foam made in Canada and for the purchase of the following eligible foam products, if made in Canada:
- Bed mattresses
- Upholstered office chairs
- Upholstered Armchairs
- Two-seat sofas
- Three-seat sofas and sectional sofas
- Carpet underlay
- Carpet pad
- Carpet cushion
How do I request money?
- To submit a claim simply fill out the online form and submit the required documentation no later than February 6th 2018.
- For consumer claims, members of the same family living together must pool together their purchases in a single claim.
How much can I claim?
- For end consumers, the minimum amount you may be able to claim is $20, or more, depending on the number and type of eligible Canadian foam products you purchased.
For more information
See the FAQ page. and the Distribution Protocol.
Or contact the Claims Administrator
RicePoint Administrations Inc. at: